Monday, 25 November 2013
The Amazing Terry Fox Run
The Amazing Terry
Fox Run
This year for the Terry Fox run was so much fun, the grade 4/5/6 class put on the run along with their teacher Ms. Reichert! There were so many different things we did this year. Before the actual run started the grade 4/5/6 class put on a pep rally. At the pep rally a few of us said the “Note from Terry”, and some people read this other inspirational speech. When we were reading the note from Terry we played a bit of the Terry Fox video. After the Terry Fox video and the speeches Julie, Kylar and the rest of us made the Terry Dance! The Terry dance was really fun. Then everybody went outside to run.
The day of the run was on Friday, September 27, 2013, it
was 6.5 k long. The weather outside was pretty hot but not too hot, so just right. All of the kids, teachers, and parents were waiting for Mrs. Ross to say go, Ready... Set... GO! And off all of us went. I could feel the gravel crushing under my feet as I ran, and the nice cool breeze blowing on me. Half way Ms. Komar had a water station and she played some pretty cool tunes. As I got closer I could hear the music playing. Then when I got to the water station I got a quick drink, the water was nice, cold and refreshing. Then I got further away from the water station and the music slowly faded away. When I looked out to my sides I could see nice big fields, big bushy trees and big beautiful sloughs.
When I finally got to the finish line I was so happy and excited, but then I realized that I still needed to go back. I was starting to get tired when I passed the water station and made my way to the school. When I arrived at the school, I went inside and I saw a snack table. I ate a few brownies, a cinnamon bun, and some oranges, and they were so delicious. This year the whole school raised 1 890 dollars that goes towards cancer research. The Terry Fox run is always amazing and fun especially this year!
By, Lexi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment